Malaysia has more than three decades of experience in international education and accounts for two per cent of the international student population around the world. This is a result of the Malaysian government’s commitment to turning the country into a high quality education destination for students from all over the globe.
Many foreign students looking for that overseas education experience that is both affordable and exciting have found Malaysia to be the ideal choice to obtain a high-quality, internationally-recognised degree.
As a result, Malaysia is currently ranked the world’s 11th most preferred study destination by UNESCO and the country currently has close to 100,000 international students pursuing courses that range from English language programmes and diplomas to degrees and post-graduate studies at private higher educational institutions, foreign university branch campuses and public universities.
Mindful of the trust placed on it by international students, Malaysia’s Ministry of Higher Education monitors all institutions to ensure they adhere to the highest standards. In line with this, it established the Education Malaysia Global Services with the primary objective of promoting Malaysia as a global education destination providing high-quality study programmes of international standards.
Education Malaysia Global Services (Company No: 986610-U) (“EMGS”) is a company limited by guarantee incorporated under the laws of Malaysia and plays the following roles:
- Assisting the Ministry of Higher Education in the implementation of policies relating to students
- Carrying out research and development in the field of education
- Collecting, publishing and disseminating student information
- Providing marketing and awareness with a view to promoting Malaysia as a global destination for education services
- Facilitating an efficient, transparent and auditable process for issuing and tracking student visas
EMGS is committed to making Malaysia a premier world-class destination for education services. Among its initiatives towards this end is this portal, which aims to fulfill the following business objectives:
- Facilitate a better student interaction experience through expanded and centralised student communication channels
- Expedite foreign student visa application and processing
- Provide transparent and comprehensive enterprise-wide data gathering and information sharing to support better decision-making.
EMGS is regarded as the official gateway to studying in Malaysia as all international student applications to study in Malaysia will have to be made through this portal.
Whether you want to find out more about living in Malaysia or the course options you can pursue, or if you have already made up your mind and want to apply now, we will assist you in every way to make your study experience in Malaysia a meaningful one.